Inspired by London Fashion Week, Ticket Compare set out to find the most fashionable Premier League club of the 22/23 season. We weighed up the data from Football Kit Archive, along with insight from Ryan Brockbank at The Fashion Retail Academy. Here’s what we learned.
Which Kit Do Football Fans Love The Most?
Arsenal was clearly a fan favourite this year being the only team with two of their kits featuring in the top 5. In second place we have newcomers Nottingham Forest with their artistic third kit. Crystal Palace also makes the top 5 with their artistic third kit design being a fan favourite. In fifth place, we find a classic take on the Manchester United white away kit with a simple design with great shoulder detailing.
Which Kit Do Football Fans Hate The Most?
Unlike their North London rivals, Tottenham did not rank very highly on the list. The Tottenham Hotspur away kit was voted the least fashionable kit of the 2022/22 premier league season by football fans. Everton also did not get much love for their kit lineup this season with two of their kits being featured in the bottom 5.
We also see a clear trend in both the top 5 and worst 5 kits. Patterns on football kits can either go really well (As in the case of Arsenal’s home kit and Nottingham Forest’s third kit) or can go really poorly (As with Everton’s away and third kits)
How Popular Is Each Premier League Team Kit Lineup?
Using all the survey data for the kits we can rank the kit lineups from best to worst. The best kit lineups for the 2023/ 2022 season were Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest in that order. While the worst were Fulham, Everton and Tottenham. It is worth mentioning that Fulham only has two kits this season which does affect their overall score.
How Popular Is Each Kit Manufacturer?
We can also use this data to rank the kit manufacturers from best to worst. Using an overall average rating system to count for some manufacturers making more kits than others, we find that Macron is the most fashionable manufacturer of the 2022/23 Premier League season with Adidas and Umbro coming in second and third.
All The 2022/23 Premier League Kit Lineups Ranked
We’ve weighed up the public’s opinion as well as expert opinion on the best kits. So how does each team line up when we look at all three kits together? We’ve totted up the numbers to see which team comes out on top, along with insight from Brockbank.
1. Arsenal (Public Rating: 12.4/15)
2. Crystal Palace (Public Rating: 12.4/15)
3. Nottingham Forest (Public Rating: 11.4/15)
4. Leeds (Public Rating: 11.1/15)
5. AFC Bournemouth (Public Rating: 11.1/15)
6. Manchester United (Public Rating: 11/15)
7. Leicester City (Public Rating: 10.9/15)
8. Westham United (Public Rating: 10.9/15)
9. Brighton & Hove Albion (Public Rating: 10.8/15)
10. Brentford (Public Rating: 10.6/15)
11. Aston Villa (Public Rating: 10.5/15)
12. Liverpool (Public Rating: 10.4/15)
13. Manchester City (Public Rating: 10.2/15)
14. Southampton (Public Rating: 10.2/15)
15. Newcastle United (Public Rating: 9.7/15)
16. Wolverhampton Wanderers (Public Rating: 9.7/15)
17. Chelsea (Public Rating: 9.4/15)
18. Tottenham Hotspur (Public Rating: 9.3/15)
19. Everton (Public rating: 8.6/15)
20. Fulham (Public Rating: 6.9/15*)
Ticket Compare gathered all the premier league kits from the official Premier League website and then we used data from the Football Kit Archive where hundreds of people vote for each kit out of 5.
Sports journalist, content writer and passionate football lover.